fake and plastic people

we are living in societies where people have a tendency of mistaking both plastics and fake people with role models.
A role model is not just someone with a high public profile and so much cash to dispose for no definite cause. I strongly believe that the kind of person we should call a role model is someone with real admirable character trends. Like I quoted the late Bob Marley in an earlier post, "Some people are poor, the only thing they have is money." As the youth of today we need to be in a position to be able to identify the real role models. Let us not be blind folded by large sums of money which is not meant for investment but rather destroy our lives. One comes and gathers a group of youths, buys them crates of alcohol and in return they do one or two favors and sometimes run errands for the individual. This is the kind of situation the society is facing today and because of desperation the young generation is lured into dirty deeds.
I mourn my generation because I have lost a lot of sisters to the other generation. There is this other group of people the majority tend to call sugar daddies but I think I should rename them. The daddy we honor them with is an abuse to the real daddies out there in the world. I would rather have these men called merciless destroyers of the future. Imagine how many girls we have lost on account of STI's because of these ogres. My dear sisters please stay away from these destructive beasts, those I have lost are enough. I love you all. No sugar daddy should be seen as a role model.
Where is the real SENSE of being a modern generation when we still act like the older and past generations. Back in the years our grandmothers were married off at early stages(as young as twelve years). Today some have decided to change the style and rather marry themselves off. Is this not imitating the past acts we termed as a violation of human rights by rather violating our own rights? Food for thought.
This brings me back to my issue of plastics and fake people being mistaken for role models. Let us learn to identify real role models in our societies and our future will be brighter and we can be witnesses to 0% new HIV/AIDS infections and better livelihoods.
I would like to thank you for the time you spared reading this. I Hope you will also be part of the struggle against plastics and fake role models. Remember, a role might have no money to offer but has valuable advice to offer. Do not be fooled by money, it is the only asset the poor mind has.
Moreover, try by all means possible to be a role model and play your part in the development of minds.

Comments